What You Need:
- Box of Macaroni Elbows
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 8 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 4 cups of shreaded mix cheese ( or cheeses of your choosing)
- pack of bacon
Steps To Make It:
- Boil water and cook your macaroni elbows according to the box you bought.
- Start cooking your pack of bacon. And as it gets done put on a plate with a papertowl over it to catch the grease and put aside.
- Once the macaroni is cooked drain and put aside.
- Reuse the pot you cooked the macaroni in.
- Turn stove to medium and melt the 8 tablespoons of butter in the pot until liquid by stiring it with a wooden spoon.
- Add 8 tablespoons of flour into the butter, whisk and cook for about 1 minute to create a roux. Slowly while still whisking, add in about 1/2 cup of milk.
- SLOWLY continue to whisk in the remaining milk until the mixture is smooth, DO NOT rush through this step!
- Stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream to add richness to the sauce and a bit of tanginess.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, and 1/2-1 teaspoon of Pepper to the sauce and whisk to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in 2 cups of mixed cheese until fully. Than add in the other 2 cups of mixed cheese and stir until fully melted. If the sauce is to thick add some more milk to make it runnier.
- Add the drained macaroni and stir to combine with the sauce.
- Cut up the bacon you cooked and add to your macaroni and cheese while stiring to add the bacon thoroughly through the Mac & Cheese.
- You can keep some chopped bacon on the side and top the Mac & Cheese with more bacon when served!
Bacon Mac & Cheese is a great Meal or even a side for large parties! This reciepe can feed 4-8 ppl depending if it is a meal or a side!